Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Psalm 121

Hmmm, just thinking ... does the state of this blog reflect the state of my relationship with God?
I should like to say no, am still in love with Him, but somewhere in my conscience I know things could be a lot better.
As I was praying in church on Sunday, the Lord placed Psalm 121 on my heart. Immediately after the prayer the announcer asked us to read the very same psalm. I knew then that God was calling my attention to it.

Psalm 121
A Song of Ascents.
 1I WILL lift up my eyes to the hills [around Jerusalem, to sacred Mount Zion and Mount Moriah]--From whence shall my help come?
    2My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.
    3He will not allow your foot to slip or to be moved; He Who keeps you will not slumber.
    4Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
    5The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand [the side not carrying a shield].
    6The sun shall not smite you by day, nor the moon by night.
    7The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life.
    8The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.
   

3 comments:

TRP said...

I was listening to several sermons on the Songs of Ascent.
If you have iTunes you can subscribe to the podcasts - It's Louie Giglio's Church - Passion City Church.

Mrs.O said...

Thanks TRP.
I know Louie, I have listened him on podcast once before, will definitely check this out.

Robyn.K.Y said...

After you stopped by (Thank You BTW),i thought it best to catch up.I read this before but wanted to remind my self of you and remind you of this Blog.OTW hope all is well mamamich